Nanny cam attack suspect Shawn Custis did time in similar crime
NEWARK, N.J. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man accused of attacking a New Jersey woman as she watched cartoons with her 3-year-old and while being recorded by a nanny cam was once sentenced to 10 years in prison for a similar crime.
The Star-Ledger reports that public records show Shawn Custis pleaded guilty to a 1991 case in Delran.
Authorities say he broke into a house and started going through a jewelry box in a bedroom, then hid in a closet when the front door opened before attacking the woman who lived there in front of her 18-month-old daughter.
He has been convicted since then of 12 different felonies around New Jersey.
Custis, now 42, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment in the alleged Millburn attack on June 21.
Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 39 min ago