Nanny cam attack suspect Shawn Custis did time in similar crime
NEWARK, N.J. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man accused of attacking a New Jersey woman as she watched cartoons with her 3-year-old and while being recorded by a nanny cam was once sentenced to 10 years in prison for a similar crime.
The Star-Ledger reports that public records show Shawn Custis pleaded guilty to a 1991 case in Delran.
Authorities say he broke into a house and started going through a jewelry box in a bedroom, then hid in a closet when the front door opened before attacking the woman who lived there in front of her 18-month-old daughter.
He has been convicted since then of 12 different felonies around New Jersey.
Custis, now 42, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment in the alleged Millburn attack on June 21.
Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
44 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos