Nanny cam attack suspect Shawn Custis did time in similar crime
NEWARK, N.J. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The man accused of attacking a New Jersey woman as she watched cartoons with her 3-year-old and while being recorded by a nanny cam was once sentenced to 10 years in prison for a similar crime.
The Star-Ledger reports that public records show Shawn Custis pleaded guilty to a 1991 case in Delran.
Authorities say he broke into a house and started going through a jewelry box in a bedroom, then hid in a closet when the front door opened before attacking the woman who lived there in front of her 18-month-old daughter.
He has been convicted since then of 12 different felonies around New Jersey.
Custis, now 42, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment in the alleged Millburn attack on June 21.
Information from: The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com
assault, home invasion, new jersey, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier