Police: Body found in Delaware River may be missing NJ tuber
FRENCHTOWN, N.J. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey authorities say a body found in the Delaware River may be a man who went missing during a rafting trip last weekend.
State Police Lt. Stephen Jones says the body was found Tuesday afternoon in Frenchtown, more than 35 miles downriver from where Gary West Jr. went missing.
Jones says the man was pronounced dead Tuesday and that an autopsy has been scheduled for Thursday.
He has not been positively identified, but Jones says he matches a description of West, including his clothing.
West, 38, of Summit, went missing after his raft overturned Saturday. His 14-year-old daughter, who was in the vessel, was found that afternoon with minor injuries.
new jersey, body found, missing person, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash