Police: Gas leak caused Pennsylvania house explosion
YORK, Pa. (AP) - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire marshal has determined it was a gas leak that caused a house to explode last month in central Pennsylvania.
No one was injured in the blast and fire at the Dover Township home on June 7.
The York Dispatch reports Northern York County Regional Police say a fire marshal has determined the explosion happened after natural gas leaked from a corroded line in the home's basement. It was then ignited by the pilot light in a hot water heater.
The homeowner had left about five minutes before it exploded. Police say that what remained of the home has been torn down.
The home is next to an animal hospital, but no people or animals were hurt.
explosion, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 13 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
13 min ago