Funeral director's daughter charged in hearse theft
STRATFORD, N.J. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The daughter of a New Jersey funeral director has been charged with stealing a hearse.
Carly Zale, 18, was arrested after a traffic stop around 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
Police say it was around noon when the hearse was reported stolen from the Zale Funeral Home on White Horse Pike in Stratford.
Then, about two hours later, an officer on an unrelated case saw the hearse being driven in the area of Suckle Highway and National Highway in Pennsauken.
The officer conducted a traffic stop and determined the hearse had been reported stolen.
Zale is charged with possession of a stolen vehicle.
new jersey, camden county, theft, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids