Boater rescued from Delaware River in Bucks County
TINICUM TWP., Pa. - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A boater was rescued from the Delaware River near Tinicum Township, Bucks County on Wednesday.
It was around 12:00 p.m. when rescuers were called for a report a person in the water.
The report said that a boater was on top of a boat that overturned.
Rescuers said the boater managed to call 911 to direct rescuers to his location, about one mile north of Treasure Island south of the Frenchtown Bridge.
The man was safely recovered around 1:00 p.m.
pennsylvania, bucks county, water rescue, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 28 min ago
- Turning Milder 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 7 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
28 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
7 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
25 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
13 min ago