Arrest in brutal stabbing of veteran near Doylestown train station
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bucks County authorities have made an arrest in a brutal stabbing of a veteran in Doylestown Wednesday.
21-year old Dale Michael Wakefield was picked up in Baltimore, Maryland and will be charged with attempted murder.
Police say Wakefield is the man who attacked 71-year old George Mohr outside the train station on South Clinton Street.
It happened at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Mohr, a Villanova University alumnus, was stabbed more than 70 times.
He remains in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
pennsylvania, doylestown, bucks county, stabbing, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 17 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 26 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 44 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos