Corbett's son-in-law, Gerald Gibson, arraigned on criminal charges
PHILADELPHIA - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Governor Tom Corbett's son-in-law is facing criminal charges following his dismissal from the Philadelphia police force.
Gerald Gibson had been a narcotics officer with the department.
He was allegedly caught in an FBI sting, stealing money from crime scenes.
He was arraigned Wednesday night on misdemeanor charges of theft, obstruction, tampering, and failure to make required disposition of funds.
Gibson is out on his own recognizance.
philadelphia, gov. tom corbett, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ