Corbett's son-in-law, Gerald Gibson, arraigned on criminal charges
PHILADELPHIA - July 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Governor Tom Corbett's son-in-law is facing criminal charges following his dismissal from the Philadelphia police force.
Gerald Gibson had been a narcotics officer with the department.
He was allegedly caught in an FBI sting, stealing money from crime scenes.
He was arraigned Wednesday night on misdemeanor charges of theft, obstruction, tampering, and failure to make required disposition of funds.
Gibson is out on his own recognizance.
philadelphia, gov. tom corbett, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos