Woman arrested for Newark, Del. bank robbery
NEWARK, Del. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested and charged with a bank robbery in Newark, Delaware.
Theresa Cannon, 32, of Wilmington, was arrested for the robbery at Louviers Federal Credit Union at 2162 Kirkwood Highway in Newark on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say Cannon walked into the bank, wearing a baseball cap down over her face, at 4:01 p.m. and gave a demand note to a teller.
The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash, and the suspect fled on foot.
Troopers responding to the scene say they spotted Cannon walking on Kirkwood Highway and arrested her after a short foot pursuit.
Cannon was charged with robbery and wearing a disguise during the commission of a felony.
She is being held on $10,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, newark, bank robbery, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish