Woman arrested for Newark, Del. bank robbery
NEWARK, Del. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested and charged with a bank robbery in Newark, Delaware.
Theresa Cannon, 32, of Wilmington, was arrested for the robbery at Louviers Federal Credit Union at 2162 Kirkwood Highway in Newark on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say Cannon walked into the bank, wearing a baseball cap down over her face, at 4:01 p.m. and gave a demand note to a teller.
The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash, and the suspect fled on foot.
Troopers responding to the scene say they spotted Cannon walking on Kirkwood Highway and arrested her after a short foot pursuit.
Cannon was charged with robbery and wearing a disguise during the commission of a felony.
She is being held on $10,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, newark, bank robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 59 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 25 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 2 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
2 min ago