Woman arrested for Newark, Del. bank robbery
NEWARK, Del. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested and charged with a bank robbery in Newark, Delaware.
Theresa Cannon, 32, of Wilmington, was arrested for the robbery at Louviers Federal Credit Union at 2162 Kirkwood Highway in Newark on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say Cannon walked into the bank, wearing a baseball cap down over her face, at 4:01 p.m. and gave a demand note to a teller.
The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash, and the suspect fled on foot.
Troopers responding to the scene say they spotted Cannon walking on Kirkwood Highway and arrested her after a short foot pursuit.
Cannon was charged with robbery and wearing a disguise during the commission of a felony.
She is being held on $10,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, newark, bank robbery, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 3 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 22 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos