Man electrocuted in tree-trimming accident in Upper PIttsgrove
UPPER PITTSGROVE, N.J. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after being electrocuted at his home in Upper Pittsgrove, New Jersey.
The incident happened in the unit block of Three Bridge Road shortly after 12:00 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the victim, a 40-year-old man, was trimming tree branches from a lift truck when it happened.
Investigators believe that a branch he was cutting struck a live power line.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The name of the man killed has not been released.
new jersey, electric shock, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 27 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 46 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
28 min ago