Man electrocuted in tree-trimming accident in Upper PIttsgrove
UPPER PITTSGROVE, N.J. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after being electrocuted at his home in Upper Pittsgrove, New Jersey.
The incident happened in the unit block of Three Bridge Road shortly after 12:00 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the victim, a 40-year-old man, was trimming tree branches from a lift truck when it happened.
Investigators believe that a branch he was cutting struck a live power line.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The name of the man killed has not been released.
new jersey, electric shock, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 10 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 45 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 34 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's