Man electrocuted in tree-trimming accident in Upper PIttsgrove
UPPER PITTSGROVE, N.J. - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after being electrocuted at his home in Upper Pittsgrove, New Jersey.
The incident happened in the unit block of Three Bridge Road shortly after 12:00 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the victim, a 40-year-old man, was trimming tree branches from a lift truck when it happened.
Investigators believe that a branch he was cutting struck a live power line.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The name of the man killed has not been released.
new jersey, electric shock, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 23 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show