Fisherman shot with BB gun fired from boat
SOUTHWEST PHILADEPHIA - July 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a fisherman was shot by a BB gun which was fired from a boat.
It happened around 12:00 p.m. Thursday in the area of 86th and Lindbergh in Southwest Philadelphia.
The victim told Action News he was fishing along the banks when a speed boat came up.
Someone inside stood up, raised a BB gun, and shot the man in the arm.
The fisherman was not seriously hurt.
A search for the boat continues.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting