Elderly man found dead in Pa. pond after mowing accident
CHARLEROI, Pa. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in western Pennsylvania say an 87-year-old man was found dead in a pond after the mower he was riding apparently slid down an embankment.
It happened in Fallowfield Township on Wednesday. Investigators say the body of Samuel Vignoli was found by dive teams around midnight after he had been reported missing by his family that afternoon.
Washington County authorities say Vignoli had been clearing brush around a reservoir when the machine he was riding slid down an embankment and into the water.
An official cause of death has not been released.
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book