Elderly man found dead in Pa. pond after mowing accident
CHARLEROI, Pa. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in western Pennsylvania say an 87-year-old man was found dead in a pond after the mower he was riding apparently slid down an embankment.
It happened in Fallowfield Township on Wednesday. Investigators say the body of Samuel Vignoli was found by dive teams around midnight after he had been reported missing by his family that afternoon.
Washington County authorities say Vignoli had been clearing brush around a reservoir when the machine he was riding slid down an embankment and into the water.
An official cause of death has not been released.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 15 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 8 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act