30,000 bags of heroin seized in Delaware drug bust
CAMDEN, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say they've arrested five people and seized more than 3,000 bags of heroin as part of a drug bust in the Camden and Dover areas.
Authorities say the arrests mark the culmination of a three-month investigation involving the state police and the Dover city police department.
The arrests occurred Wednesday, starting at 6 a.m.
Besides the heroin, police say troopers also seized 80 pills, three firearms and more than $4,200 in suspected drug proceeds.
The four men and one woman face a variety of charges, including possession with intent to deliver heroin.
delaware, illegal drugs, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 32 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 19 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ