30,000 bags of heroin seized in Delaware drug bust
CAMDEN, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say they've arrested five people and seized more than 3,000 bags of heroin as part of a drug bust in the Camden and Dover areas.
Authorities say the arrests mark the culmination of a three-month investigation involving the state police and the Dover city police department.
The arrests occurred Wednesday, starting at 6 a.m.
Besides the heroin, police say troopers also seized 80 pills, three firearms and more than $4,200 in suspected drug proceeds.
The four men and one woman face a variety of charges, including possession with intent to deliver heroin.
delaware, illegal drugs, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases