30,000 bags of heroin seized in Delaware drug bust
CAMDEN, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say they've arrested five people and seized more than 3,000 bags of heroin as part of a drug bust in the Camden and Dover areas.
Authorities say the arrests mark the culmination of a three-month investigation involving the state police and the Dover city police department.
The arrests occurred Wednesday, starting at 6 a.m.
Besides the heroin, police say troopers also seized 80 pills, three firearms and more than $4,200 in suspected drug proceeds.
The four men and one woman face a variety of charges, including possession with intent to deliver heroin.
delaware, illegal drugs, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 38 min ago
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia