Couple hit by SUV in Dewey Beach, man killed
DEWEY BEACH, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Rehoboth Beach man was killed and his wife was critically injured when they were hit by an SUV after the Dewey Beach fireworks show.
Police say Roy and Helene Love were hit by a Lincoln Aviator when they stepped into Coastal Highway south of Dewey Beach on Thursday night.
Both were taken to Beebe Medical Center, where police say 79-year-old Roy Love was pronounced dead. Police say 75-year-old Helene Love was flown to Christiana Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say the driver of the SUV, 25-year-old Matthew O'Connor of Washington, D.C., was not injured and has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Police say more charges may be filed after the investigation is complete.
delaware, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 29 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos