Couple hit by SUV in Dewey Beach, man killed
DEWEY BEACH, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Rehoboth Beach man was killed and his wife was critically injured when they were hit by an SUV after the Dewey Beach fireworks show.
Police say Roy and Helene Love were hit by a Lincoln Aviator when they stepped into Coastal Highway south of Dewey Beach on Thursday night.
Both were taken to Beebe Medical Center, where police say 79-year-old Roy Love was pronounced dead. Police say 75-year-old Helene Love was flown to Christiana Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say the driver of the SUV, 25-year-old Matthew O'Connor of Washington, D.C., was not injured and has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Police say more charges may be filed after the investigation is complete.
delaware, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 33 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 57 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
33 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos