Couple hit by SUV in Dewey Beach, man killed
DEWEY BEACH, Del. - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Rehoboth Beach man was killed and his wife was critically injured when they were hit by an SUV after the Dewey Beach fireworks show.
Police say Roy and Helene Love were hit by a Lincoln Aviator when they stepped into Coastal Highway south of Dewey Beach on Thursday night.
Both were taken to Beebe Medical Center, where police say 79-year-old Roy Love was pronounced dead. Police say 75-year-old Helene Love was flown to Christiana Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say the driver of the SUV, 25-year-old Matthew O'Connor of Washington, D.C., was not injured and has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Police say more charges may be filed after the investigation is complete.
delaware, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 19 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)