Dozen people displaced in Hunting Park fire
HUNTING PARK - July 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say one dozen people have been displaced after a house fire in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Authorities say one dozen people have been displaced after a house fire in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 2:30 Friday afternoon on the 1300 block of Jerome Street.
Arriving crews reported that smoke could be seen pouring from the three story residence.
The flames were coming from the second floor but firefighters brought them under control within 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
One dozen people including several children were displaced in the blaze. The Red Cross is assisting those residents.
No word what sparked the fire.
philadelphia, hunting park, fire, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 8 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 52 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 12 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 50 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 47 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies