Father, daughter killed in Bucks County murder-suicide, DA says
EAST ROCKHILL TWP., Pa. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead after a murder-suicide in Bucks County.
According to Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler, a 79-year-old man shot and killed his daughter before turning the gun on himself.
Heckler said the daughter was 60-years-old and suffered from some sort of disability.
According to Heckler, a professional caregiver had left the residence to get food Saturday night.
When she returned, she found both the father and daughter dead inside the East Rockhill home.
Police said they found the daughter with two gunshot wounds and found the father with a single gunshot wound to the head.
Police determined the father's wound to be self inflicted.
Heckler said he didn't have the identities of the deceased.
Pennridge police are not releasing any further information at this time.
pennsylvania, bucks county, homicide, murder, suicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ