Father, daughter killed in Bucks County murder-suicide, DA says
EAST ROCKHILL TWP., Pa. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead after a murder-suicide in Bucks County.
According to Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler, a 79-year-old man shot and killed his daughter before turning the gun on himself.
Heckler said the daughter was 60-years-old and suffered from some sort of disability.
According to Heckler, a professional caregiver had left the residence to get food Saturday night.
When she returned, she found both the father and daughter dead inside the East Rockhill home.
Police said they found the daughter with two gunshot wounds and found the father with a single gunshot wound to the head.
Police determined the father's wound to be self inflicted.
Heckler said he didn't have the identities of the deceased.
Pennridge police are not releasing any further information at this time.
pennsylvania, bucks county, homicide, murder, suicide, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish