Motorcyclist killed in crash in Selbyville, Delaware
SELBYVILLE, Del. - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say a motorcyclist from Maryland was killed in a crash in Selbyville.
Police say 69-year-old John Scott of Salisbury, Md., rode his motorcycle into an intersection while two cars were turning left.
Police say the motorcycle turned onto its side and struck one of the cars, and Scott became trapped beneath the vehicle.
Scott was pronounced dead while en route to a hospital aboard a helicopter.
The driver of the car that hit Scott was not injured. Police say speeding and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash, and no charges have been filed.
delaware, sussex county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 19 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
17 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
19 min ago