Motorcyclist killed in crash in Selbyville, Delaware
SELBYVILLE, Del. - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say a motorcyclist from Maryland was killed in a crash in Selbyville.
Police say 69-year-old John Scott of Salisbury, Md., rode his motorcycle into an intersection while two cars were turning left.
Police say the motorcycle turned onto its side and struck one of the cars, and Scott became trapped beneath the vehicle.
Scott was pronounced dead while en route to a hospital aboard a helicopter.
The driver of the car that hit Scott was not injured. Police say speeding and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash, and no charges have been filed.
delaware, sussex county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 17 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 29 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 58 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
39 min ago