Motorcyclist killed in crash in Selbyville, Delaware
SELBYVILLE, Del. - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say a motorcyclist from Maryland was killed in a crash in Selbyville.
Police say 69-year-old John Scott of Salisbury, Md., rode his motorcycle into an intersection while two cars were turning left.
Police say the motorcycle turned onto its side and struck one of the cars, and Scott became trapped beneath the vehicle.
Scott was pronounced dead while en route to a hospital aboard a helicopter.
The driver of the car that hit Scott was not injured. Police say speeding and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash, and no charges have been filed.
delaware, sussex county, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed