3-alarm house fire in Avalon, New Jersey
AVALON, N.J. - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion battling a three alarm blaze in Avalon, New Jersey.
It happened around 6:00 Sunday night on the 5100 block of Ocean Drive.
Fire crews battled the blaze for more than an hour.
Officials say the flames started outside and spread to the house. The home suffered severe damage.
The local fire chief says heat was the biggest challenge to overcome.
Two firefighters, who suffered heat exhaustion, were checked out at an area hospital.
There were several occupants home at the time the fire started but all escaped without injury.
The exact cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
new jersey, cape may county, fire, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more