Victim's leg partially amputated in Roxborough crash
ROXBOROUGH - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A one vehicle crash in Roxborough left a driver with a partially amputated leg.
It happened around 9:00 Sunday night on Walnut Lane just north of Magdalena Street.
Authorities say the vehicle struck a utility pole causing the pole to split in half.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was rushed to Temple University Hospital for the amputation of the lower part of his leg.
No word on his condition.
Police have not released a cause for the crash.
philadelphia, roxborough, accident, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 59 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 44 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc 55 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 4 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
24 min ago
- Kenneth Moton reports from King of Prussia
57 min ago
- Amy Buckman reports from South Philadelphia
44 min ago
- Annie McCormick reports from Blackwood, NJ
36 min ago