Missing family tubing in Burlington County found safe
CHATSWORTH, N.J. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a family that went missing after tubing in Burlington County, New Jersey has been found safe early Monday morning.
The search for the family of 3 began Sunday evening.
Police told Action News that the family had gone missing while tubing near Godfrey Bridge Road and Wading Pines Camp in Chatsworth, New Jersey.
New Jersey State police helicopter, fire crews and search dogs were called in to comb the area.
After several hours, the mother, father, child and family dog were found safe and out of the water.
Authorities say they were cold but not seriously injured.
burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs