Man fatally stabs estranged wife's boyfriend, police say
PINE HILL, N.J. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Camden County have made an arrest in the stabbing death of a Pine Hill man.
Police say 26-year-old Michael Cogan was stabbed to death about 4:50 a.m. Monday in the 2600 building of The Greens at Pine Hill.
A 29-year-old Philadelphia man, Stefan Curry-Burkett, was arrested on Blackwood-Clementon Road near The Birches Apartments.
A Clementon police officer spotted Curry-Burkett running from The Greens at Pine Hill shortly after the stabbing was reported and detained the fleeing man.
Curry-Burkett is charged with Murder and Felony Murder.
He is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.
Police say Curry-Burkett broke into the victim's apartment by climbing onto a balcony and entering through a sliding glass door.
In the apartment, police say he assaulted Cogan and stabbed him repeatedly.
According to officials, Cogan was in a relationship with Curry-Burkett's estranged wife and they believe he was targeted by the suspect.
Early reports indicated this to be a double stabbing, but that is no longer the case.
camden county, new jersey, stabbing, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ