Police open fire on carjacking suspects in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police officers opened fire on three carjacking suspects Monday morning in the city's Germantown section.
It was around 1:30 a.m. on the 5100 black of Rubicam Street when officers came upon the carjacking and witnessed the suspects assaulting the victim.
When the suspects saw the officers they took off. While fleeing, one of the suspects allegedly pointed a gun at police, prompting officers to open fire.
No one was hit.
The suspects remain at large.
germantown, philadelphia, carjacking, shooting, police, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 29 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 27 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 9 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos