Clerk fights off suspect in attempted robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for an attempted robbery suspect who was caught on surveillance.
The incident occurred at 10:23 a.m. on July 3rd in North Philadelphia.
Police say a man entered the Cricket Cellular Store located at 2940 North 22nd Street and placed his hand inside of a plastic bag simulating he had a weapon, demanding money from the employee. During the robbery, the bag fell from the suspect's hand revealing he did not have a weapon.
Police say when the employee grabbed the suspect's arm they began to struggle.
However, the suspect was able to pull free from the employee and fled the store.
To view the surveillance video, visit the Philadelphia Police YouTube Channel.
The suspect is described as a black man, 40 to 45 years-of-age, 5'7 to 5-8 tall, medium build, salt and pepper colored beard, wearing a yellow Polo shirt with black horizontal stripes, dark colored baseball cap and light colored pants.
If you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 28 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 23 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 30 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 32 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 56 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
4 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
28 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
22 min ago