2 injured in school bus accident on I-95 in Langhorne
LANGHORNE, Pa. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two children were injured in a school bus accident in Langhorne, Bucks County Monday afternoon.
A Pennsylvania State Trooper tells Action News around 3:30 p.m. the bus was headed southbound on I-95 when the two right rear tires flew off north of exit 44.
The bus was in the right lane traveling at highway speed with approximately 25 children aboard.
It veered across the highway and ended up in the median strip between northbound and southbound I-95.
Authorities arrived to the scene and transported the children to another bus.
The trooper said most were unharmed, but two children suffered minor injuries.
The bus took out a guardrail as it made its way to the median.
Shortly after arriving to the scene, troopers retrieved the two tires from a ditch on the side of the highway.
Officials closed the southbound lanes of I-95 and the left lane of the northbound traffic for the investigation.
The trooper tells Action News this accident could have been a lot worse.
pennsylvania, bucks county, school bus, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 14 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 20 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
32 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
14 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos