2 injured in school bus accident on I-95 in Langhorne
LANGHORNE, Pa. - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two children were injured in a school bus accident in Langhorne, Bucks County Monday afternoon.
A Pennsylvania State Trooper tells Action News around 3:30 p.m. the bus was headed southbound on I-95 when the two right rear tires flew off north of exit 44.
The bus was in the right lane traveling at highway speed with approximately 25 children aboard.
It veered across the highway and ended up in the median strip between northbound and southbound I-95.
Authorities arrived to the scene and transported the children to another bus.
The trooper said most were unharmed, but two children suffered minor injuries.
The bus took out a guardrail as it made its way to the median.
Shortly after arriving to the scene, troopers retrieved the two tires from a ditch on the side of the highway.
Officials closed the southbound lanes of I-95 and the left lane of the northbound traffic for the investigation.
The trooper tells Action News this accident could have been a lot worse.
pennsylvania, bucks county, school bus, accident, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 14 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 49 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 14 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 21 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 38 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
14 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos