Teen dead, 4 wounded in Hamilton Twp. house party shooting
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - July 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a birthday party in Hamilton Township, New Jersey that left one teenager dead and four others wounded.
According to Mercer County First Assistant Prosecutor Angelo Onofri, a total of five teenagers were shot, one of them fatally at a house party in Hamilton Township.
Onofri said Hamilton police received a call about gunshots on the 1100 block of Deutz Road just after 11:00 p.m. Friday night.
Police say the teens were attending a birthday party for a 15-year-old resident of the home. They say approximately 100 people were in attendance, including an adult who was collecting admission at the door.
Police believe the shooting took place inside the living room.
I heard people trying to vacate, heard people wailing, crying and screaming. I waited for the cops to come," said Robert Rodriguez.
"I'm heartbroken for the family of the boy who got killed. As a parent, I can't even imagine," said Fortuna Jordan.
Police arrived to find 17-year-old Shakir Williams with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four other teens were also shot at the party.
Police say a 17-year-old male who was transported to Capital Health Regional Medical Center with gunshot wounds to his torso, arms, legs and groin. He is listed in critical condition after a five hour surgery.
Three others, an 18-year-old and two 17-year-olds were all treated and released.
So far, no word what sparked the the shooting.
The Mercer County Prosecutors office says there have been no arrests at this time and no one is in custody, but this is still a very active police investigation.
homicide, shooting, new jersey news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1