2 men shot in attempted robbery in Lawncrest
PHILADELPHIA - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting following an attempted robbery in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
Police say it was around 12:30 a.m. when the suspect approached two men, ages 23 and 19, standing on the sidewalk along the 400 block of East Howell Street and attempted to rob them.The suspect pulled out a gun and opened fire, shooting the 23-year-old victim twice in the head and in the torso and the 19-year-old was shot in the leg.
One victim is in critical condition, the other is in stable condition. Both are being treated at Albert Einstein Medical Center. "Based on ballistic evidence at the scene we know that at least six shots were fired by two separate caliber semi-automatic weapons," said Chief Inspector Scott Small.
Police have recovered one of the two weapons in a trash can near the scene.
The search for the gunman continues. The shooting remains under investigation.
shooting, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 10 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 49 min ago
- Temps Soar