2 men shot in attempted robbery in Lawncrest
PHILADELPHIA - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a double shooting following an attempted robbery in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
Police say it was around 12:30 a.m. when the suspect approached two men, ages 23 and 19, standing on the sidewalk along the 400 block of East Howell Street and attempted to rob them.The suspect pulled out a gun and opened fire, shooting the 23-year-old victim twice in the head and in the torso and the 19-year-old was shot in the leg.
One victim is in critical condition, the other is in stable condition. Both are being treated at Albert Einstein Medical Center. "Based on ballistic evidence at the scene we know that at least six shots were fired by two separate caliber semi-automatic weapons," said Chief Inspector Scott Small.
Police have recovered one of the two weapons in a trash can near the scene.
The search for the gunman continues. The shooting remains under investigation.
shooting, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 14 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 31 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier