Boy, 11, struck by train in Darby Boro
DARBY BORO, Pa. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police and EMS crews responded to the scene of where an 11-year-old boy was struck by a train in Delaware County Tuesday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. on the CSX freight tracks near 6th and Main Streets in Darby Boro.
According to police, three males were walking along the tracks when the 11-year-old was struck by a train.
The injured boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are now trying to get a hold of the CSX surveillance tape.
Authorities are now looking at this as simply an accident.
delaware county, pennsylvania, train accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 4 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 16 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 3 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 1 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos