Boy, 11, struck by train in Darby Boro
DARBY BORO, Pa. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police and EMS crews responded to the scene of where an 11-year-old boy was struck by a train in Delaware County Tuesday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. on the CSX freight tracks near 6th and Main Streets in Darby Boro.
According to police, three males were walking along the tracks when the 11-year-old was struck by a train.
The injured boy was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are now trying to get a hold of the CSX surveillance tape.
Authorities are now looking at this as simply an accident.
delaware county, pennsylvania, train accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 21 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 51 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 16 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos