7 charged with selling drugs at VA hospitals in NJ
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal authorities have arrested seven people in connection with a ring that they say sold heroin, crack cocaine and other illegal drugs at two veteran affairs hospitals in New Jersey.
U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman announced Tuesday that five men were arrested at a VA medical center in Lyons and another was taken into custody at a VA facility in East Orange. One man was arrested at his home.
Fishman says all seven men are veterans. He say they took advantage of their employment and access at the VA medical facilities to sell dangerous drugs to fellow veterans undergoing treatment.
The seven are charged in separate criminal complaints with various counts of distributing controlled substances.
drugs, new jersey, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 17 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 3 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 2 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 10 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
7 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
17 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
3 min ago