Caught on camera: Man steals chain from woman on SEPTA bus
CENTER CITY - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a robbery suspect who stole a gold chain from a woman on a SEPTA bus in Center City.
Police say the incident took place at 9:55 a.m. on June 12th.
The 57-year-old victim was riding on the route 38 SEPTA bus when it stopped at Broad and Chestnut streets.
Police say the suspect, who was seated behind the victim, was exiting the bus when he snatched the woman's gold chain from her neck.
The suspect fled the bus on foot west on Chestnut Street.
The victim suffered a laceration on her neck.
The suspect is described as a black male, with a thin build, 5'11-6'1, thin goatee, wearing a black Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cap, dark blue t-shirt with a Nike logo on the front and dark colored shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 17 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 47 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 2 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com! 44 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
24 min ago