Caught on camera: Man steals chain from woman on SEPTA bus
CENTER CITY - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a robbery suspect who stole a gold chain from a woman on a SEPTA bus in Center City.
Police say the incident took place at 9:55 a.m. on June 12th.
The 57-year-old victim was riding on the route 38 SEPTA bus when it stopped at Broad and Chestnut streets.
Police say the suspect, who was seated behind the victim, was exiting the bus when he snatched the woman's gold chain from her neck.
The suspect fled the bus on foot west on Chestnut Street.
The victim suffered a laceration on her neck.
The suspect is described as a black male, with a thin build, 5'11-6'1, thin goatee, wearing a black Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cap, dark blue t-shirt with a Nike logo on the front and dark colored shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police cars, station 5 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 38 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 25 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
38 min ago