Man struck by lightning while fishing in Ocean County
SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Tuesday afternoon in Ocean County.
It happened at Island Beach State Park in Seaside Park around 1:15 p.m.
Officials say a 48-year-old Berkeley Township man was hit by lightning while fishing on the beach.
The victim was conscious and alert after being hit.
He was, however, complaining of leg numbness.
The man was taken to Jersey Shore Medical Center for treatment.
Officials are investigating the possibility that lightning hit the man's fishing pole.
new jersey, ocean county, lightning, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 52 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 19 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
19 min ago