Man struck by lightning while fishing in Ocean County
SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Tuesday afternoon in Ocean County.
It happened at Island Beach State Park in Seaside Park around 1:15 p.m.
Officials say a 48-year-old Berkeley Township man was hit by lightning while fishing on the beach.
The victim was conscious and alert after being hit.
He was, however, complaining of leg numbness.
The man was taken to Jersey Shore Medical Center for treatment.
Officials are investigating the possibility that lightning hit the man's fishing pole.
new jersey, ocean county, lightning, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 46 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 23 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 47 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos