Man struck by lightning while fishing in Ocean County
SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Tuesday afternoon in Ocean County.
It happened at Island Beach State Park in Seaside Park around 1:15 p.m.
Officials say a 48-year-old Berkeley Township man was hit by lightning while fishing on the beach.
The victim was conscious and alert after being hit.
He was, however, complaining of leg numbness.
The man was taken to Jersey Shore Medical Center for treatment.
Officials are investigating the possibility that lightning hit the man's fishing pole.
new jersey, ocean county, lightning, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed