Man struck by lightning while fishing in Ocean County
SEASIDE PARK, N.J. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was struck by lightning during a thunderstorm Tuesday afternoon in Ocean County.
It happened at Island Beach State Park in Seaside Park around 1:15 p.m.
Officials say a 48-year-old Berkeley Township man was hit by lightning while fishing on the beach.
The victim was conscious and alert after being hit.
He was, however, complaining of leg numbness.
The man was taken to Jersey Shore Medical Center for treatment.
Officials are investigating the possibility that lightning hit the man's fishing pole.
new jersey, ocean county, lightning, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 22 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police