Toddler left in hot car outside Parx Casino, police say
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man is behind bars after police say he left his 18-month-old son in a hot car outside the Parx Casino in Bensalem.
It happened at 9:45 p.m. Saturday when the outdoor temperature was above 88 degrees.
Police say a woman walking across the parking lot heard a baby crying inside a locked gray Lexus parked outside the casino. She called 911.
Arriving officers forced their way into the car to retrieve the child.
As they were trying to locate a parent, 44-year-old Danny Ngo of Adams Avenue in Philadelphia came out of the casino.
Police say he had been in the casino for about 40 minutes.
Ngo was arrested and charged with recklessly endangering another person and endangering the welfare of children.
He was sent to Bucks County prison in lieu of 10 percent of $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania, bensalem, parx casino, bucks county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ