Toddler left in hot car outside Parx Casino, police say
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man is behind bars after police say he left his 18-month-old son in a hot car outside the Parx Casino in Bensalem.
It happened at 9:45 p.m. Saturday when the outdoor temperature was above 88 degrees.
Police say a woman walking across the parking lot heard a baby crying inside a locked gray Lexus parked outside the casino. She called 911.
Arriving officers forced their way into the car to retrieve the child.
As they were trying to locate a parent, 44-year-old Danny Ngo of Adams Avenue in Philadelphia came out of the casino.
Police say he had been in the casino for about 40 minutes.
Ngo was arrested and charged with recklessly endangering another person and endangering the welfare of children.
He was sent to Bucks County prison in lieu of 10 percent of $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania, bensalem, parx casino, bucks county, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 58 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 40 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
58 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
40 min ago