Toddler left in hot car outside Parx Casino, police say
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man is behind bars after police say he left his 18-month-old son in a hot car outside the Parx Casino in Bensalem.
It happened at 9:45 p.m. Saturday when the outdoor temperature was above 88 degrees.
Police say a woman walking across the parking lot heard a baby crying inside a locked gray Lexus parked outside the casino. She called 911.
Arriving officers forced their way into the car to retrieve the child.
As they were trying to locate a parent, 44-year-old Danny Ngo of Adams Avenue in Philadelphia came out of the casino.
Police say he had been in the casino for about 40 minutes.
Ngo was arrested and charged with recklessly endangering another person and endangering the welfare of children.
He was sent to Bucks County prison in lieu of 10 percent of $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania, bensalem, parx casino, bucks county, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 11 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers 13 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 51 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 16 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Widener U. students help stuck drivers
13 min ago