Berks County police officer arrested for shoplifting
AMITY TWP., Pa. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County Police officer has been accused of taking his children along for a shoplifting spree.
Officer Glen Oesterling is a member of the Amity Township Police.
Investigators say the officer stole hundreds of dollars worth of groceries from the Giant Food Store in West Pottsgrove Township in Montgomery County.
Security at the store said when they tried to stop Oesterling, he told them he was a cop.
Oesterling has been suspended without pay.
police, theft, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 4 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show