Berks County police officer arrested for shoplifting
AMITY TWP., Pa. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County Police officer has been accused of taking his children along for a shoplifting spree.
Officer Glen Oesterling is a member of the Amity Township Police.
Investigators say the officer stole hundreds of dollars worth of groceries from the Giant Food Store in West Pottsgrove Township in Montgomery County.
Security at the store said when they tried to stop Oesterling, he told them he was a cop.
Oesterling has been suspended without pay.
police, theft, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 27 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 48 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 3 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...