Berks County police officer arrested for shoplifting
AMITY TWP., Pa. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County Police officer has been accused of taking his children along for a shoplifting spree.
Officer Glen Oesterling is a member of the Amity Township Police.
Investigators say the officer stole hundreds of dollars worth of groceries from the Giant Food Store in West Pottsgrove Township in Montgomery County.
Security at the store said when they tried to stop Oesterling, he told them he was a cop.
Oesterling has been suspended without pay.
police, theft, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs