Motorcyclist hurt in crash after police pursuit in Delaware
SEAFORD, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash after Laurel police ended a pursuit.
Delaware State Police say a Laurel officer began the pursuit on Tuesday just after noon when they clocked the motorcycle speeding in a 55 mph zone on northbound U.S. Route 13
State police Master Cpl. Gary Fournier says the officer pursued the bike as it weaved in and out of traffic before calling off the pursuit.
A short time later, Fournier says the motorcyclist, 30-year-old Shawn Hopkins, wasn't able to negotiate a curve on Bethel Concord Road in Seaford and went off the road, landing 80 feet into a yard. Hopkins was flown to Christiana Medical Center with serious injuries.
delaware, police chase, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 19 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 43 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 27 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 18 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 15 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 8 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 44 min ago
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
19 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
18 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
15 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
8 min ago