Motorcyclist hurt in crash after police pursuit in Delaware
SEAFORD, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash after Laurel police ended a pursuit.
Delaware State Police say a Laurel officer began the pursuit on Tuesday just after noon when they clocked the motorcycle speeding in a 55 mph zone on northbound U.S. Route 13
State police Master Cpl. Gary Fournier says the officer pursued the bike as it weaved in and out of traffic before calling off the pursuit.
A short time later, Fournier says the motorcyclist, 30-year-old Shawn Hopkins, wasn't able to negotiate a curve on Bethel Concord Road in Seaford and went off the road, landing 80 feet into a yard. Hopkins was flown to Christiana Medical Center with serious injuries.
delaware, police chase, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 32 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 18 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
32 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos