'Bodily fluid' thrown on woman in New Castle Walmart, man arrested
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged in connection with a disgusting act after a woman accused him of throwing bodily fluid on her inside a New Castle Walmart.
The alleged incident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Walmart located at 117 Wilton Boulevard.
The 20-year-old victim told police she was standing in an aisle using her phone when a man walked by her. As he passed she said she felt a liquid thrown onto her leg, and when she looked down she saw bodily fluid on her thigh and leg.
The victim said she walked through the store to find an employee; all awhile the man who threw the liquid allegedly followed her.
She eventually found two employees who then helped her to a secure location in the store while staff called police. Arriving Troopers located the suspect and took him into custody without incident.
The suspect, identified as 22-year-old Middletown resident Frank J. Short Jr., is charged with offensive touching with bodily fluid, harassment, lewdness, and disorderly conduct. He is currently being held on $2,500 cash and $4,000 secured bail.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
delaware news, new castle county news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 21 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 43 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 13 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 40 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
21 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
13 min ago