'Bodily fluid' thrown on woman in New Castle Walmart, man arrested
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged in connection with a disgusting act after a woman accused him of throwing bodily fluid on her inside a New Castle Walmart.
The alleged incident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Walmart located at 117 Wilton Boulevard.
The 20-year-old victim told police she was standing in an aisle using her phone when a man walked by her. As he passed she said she felt a liquid thrown onto her leg, and when she looked down she saw bodily fluid on her thigh and leg.
The victim said she walked through the store to find an employee; all awhile the man who threw the liquid allegedly followed her.
She eventually found two employees who then helped her to a secure location in the store while staff called police. Arriving Troopers located the suspect and took him into custody without incident.
The suspect, identified as 22-year-old Middletown resident Frank J. Short Jr., is charged with offensive touching with bodily fluid, harassment, lewdness, and disorderly conduct. He is currently being held on $2,500 cash and $4,000 secured bail.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
delaware news, new castle county news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 41 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos