'Bodily fluid' thrown on woman in New Castle Walmart, man arrested
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged in connection with a disgusting act after a woman accused him of throwing bodily fluid on her inside a New Castle Walmart.
The alleged incident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Walmart located at 117 Wilton Boulevard.
The 20-year-old victim told police she was standing in an aisle using her phone when a man walked by her. As he passed she said she felt a liquid thrown onto her leg, and when she looked down she saw bodily fluid on her thigh and leg.
The victim said she walked through the store to find an employee; all awhile the man who threw the liquid allegedly followed her.
She eventually found two employees who then helped her to a secure location in the store while staff called police. Arriving Troopers located the suspect and took him into custody without incident.
The suspect, identified as 22-year-old Middletown resident Frank J. Short Jr., is charged with offensive touching with bodily fluid, harassment, lewdness, and disorderly conduct. He is currently being held on $2,500 cash and $4,000 secured bail.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
delaware news, new castle county news, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 6 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
39 min ago