Police: Brothers from India left tour to stay in US
PARAMUS, N.J. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two teenage brothers from India left a tour group in New Jersey in order to stay in the United States.
Sixteen-year-old Gupreet Singh and 15-year-old Robin Singh disappeared during a visit to Garden State Plaza Mall on Monday.
Paramus Police Capt. Robert Guidetti tells The Record newspaper the boys left the tour because they wanted to stay with relatives in Queens, N.Y., and not go back to India.
Guidetti says Gupreet got cold feet and the older brother was found at John F. Kennedy International Airport. He's been released to his uncle.
Guidetti says police can't find the younger brother and relatives won't say where Robin Singh is.
Police still consider him a missing person.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, india, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 44 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 7 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep