Police: Brothers from India left tour to stay in US
PARAMUS, N.J. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two teenage brothers from India left a tour group in New Jersey in order to stay in the United States.
Sixteen-year-old Gupreet Singh and 15-year-old Robin Singh disappeared during a visit to Garden State Plaza Mall on Monday.
Paramus Police Capt. Robert Guidetti tells The Record newspaper the boys left the tour because they wanted to stay with relatives in Queens, N.Y., and not go back to India.
Guidetti says Gupreet got cold feet and the older brother was found at John F. Kennedy International Airport. He's been released to his uncle.
Guidetti says police can't find the younger brother and relatives won't say where Robin Singh is.
Police still consider him a missing person.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, india, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 30 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ