Family robbed at gunpoint outside Newark, Delaware home
NEWARK, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police are looking for two suspects in a series of armed robberies, including one that targeted a family.
The robberies were reported around 10:30 p.m. on Friday, June 28th. Officers were initially called to the 500 block of Scotland Drive in Newark after a 25-year-old man reported being held up.
Then another call came in for another armed robbery in the 700 block of Thornhill Drive. There, they learned a family - two adults and two children - were robbed by two men armed with handguns.
Police say the family had just arrived home when they were robbed.
No one was injured in any of the robberies.
One suspect was described as black males in his early 20s standing about six feet tall, weighing 180 to 200 pounds. He was wearing a dark-colored shirt and shorts and may have been wearing glasses.
His accomplice was described as a white male in his early 20s, standing between 5'7" to 5'10" tall and weighing between 160 to 170 pounds. He had some facial hair and was wearing a shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call New Castle County Police at 302-395-8110.
delaware news, new castle county news, newark, robbery, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 4 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 47 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 17 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
47 min ago