Kensington carjacking caught on video
KENSINGTON - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the man responsible for a carjacking in Kensington that was caught on video.
It happened at 12:41 a.m. on Monday in the 1300 block of Germantown Avenue.
Investigators say the victim was approached by an unknown man, who started talking to him.
During the conversation, police say the suspect pulled a gun, placed a knife to the victim's throat and ordered him out of the vehicle.
That's when the suspect stole the victim's 2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV.
Police say the suspect may have been the passenger in a four-door white sedan that was seen in the area.
The person police are looking for is described as a Hispanic man, about 35 years old with short black hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, kensington, carjacking, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 56 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 5 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 26 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 36 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 18 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 50 min ago
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos