Kensington carjacking caught on video
KENSINGTON - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the man responsible for a carjacking in Kensington that was caught on video.
It happened at 12:41 a.m. on Monday in the 1300 block of Germantown Avenue.
Investigators say the victim was approached by an unknown man, who started talking to him.
During the conversation, police say the suspect pulled a gun, placed a knife to the victim's throat and ordered him out of the vehicle.
That's when the suspect stole the victim's 2001 Lexus RX 300 SUV.
Police say the suspect may have been the passenger in a four-door white sedan that was seen in the area.
The person police are looking for is described as a Hispanic man, about 35 years old with short black hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, kensington, carjacking, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 2 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 53 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
15 min ago