3 sought in South Philadelphia robbery, attack
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for three suspects wanted for attacking a man in a robbery attempt in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning in Girard Estates on the 1900 block of South 17th Street.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was walking when he was approached by a group of men who demanded money.
Surveillance video can be seen here.
When the victim refused, the suspects allegedly began attacking, kicking and punching him.
The victim suffered serious injuries but was able to get away.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 39 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 55 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa 50 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
30 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
18 min ago