3 sought in South Philadelphia robbery, attack
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for three suspects wanted for attacking a man in a robbery attempt in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning in Girard Estates on the 1900 block of South 17th Street.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was walking when he was approached by a group of men who demanded money.
Surveillance video can be seen here.
When the victim refused, the suspects allegedly began attacking, kicking and punching him.
The victim suffered serious injuries but was able to get away.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 41 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 38 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 42 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 40 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 36 min ago
- Pennsylvania Turnpike pileup exposed gaps, officials say 5 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures