Del. car stop leads to burglary, drug related arrests
ALBAN PARK, Del. - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car stop in New Castle County led to the arrest of two suspects on burglary and drug related charges.
It happened around 10:30 Tuesday morning in the area of Alban Park.
Authorities noticed that the driver, 21-year-old Richard Poplos, was not wearing a seatbelt.
Officers conducted a car stop and found 21-year-old Casi Glicken in the passenger seat.
During the stop, officers noticed a hypodermic needle in plain view. In a subsequent search, police found several empty bags of heroin and drug paraphernalia.
Officers found several pieces of jewelry inside and later learned the items were stolen.
Poplos was charged with second degree burglary, felony theft, criminal mischief and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Gilcken was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and felony selling stolen property.
delaware news, new castle county news, burglary, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ